Welcome to Kalamazoo Valley AMBUCS
AMBUCS is dedicated to creating mobility and independence for people with disabilities by:
This group is located in the Kalamazoo, Michigan area, and is one of three chapters in the greater Kalamazoo/Battle Creek area. Our group meets in the evenings and is generally geared towards those that can afford an hour or two each month to dedicate towards helping others. The group is very low key, informal, and generally enjoys having a good time meeting new people, fundraising, and giving away AMTRYKES and scholarships with all of the money we raise. For AMBUCS fiscal year 2012-2013, Alive After Five/Kazoo Valley ranked 7th in the nation in scorecard points.
- Performing various forms of community service
- Providing AmTryke® therapeutic tricycles to individuals who are unable to operate a traditional bike
- Awarding scholarships to therapists
Below are the current Officers and Board Members, and a little bit of history about each person. Also listed is our current scholarship recipient.
President - Donna Whitcomb
Secretary/Treasurer - Rick Remynse
Board Members at Large - Jack Bellware and Lindsey Landeck
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need to attend meetings weekly?
- No. Meetings are held once a month in order to meet busy schedules of professionals in the community.
- What skills do I have that can assist Kalamazoo Valley AMBUCS?
- Marketing, promotion, technical skills (bike assembly), networking, and leadership.
- Is there a cost to join?
- There is a $10 membership fee and quarterly dues of $30.
- Do I have to attend every meeting?
- Club bylaws recommend attendance at 75% of yearly meetings.
- What happens at meetings?
- Networking, presentations of AMTRYKES and Scholarship recipient contributions, community speakers, committee reports, installation of new members and officers.
- Can I make a monetary donation?
- Yes. To make a donation, please contact us at a meeting or by email. Thank you!